Your Family Vacation in Monteverde
In Monteverde, family vacations become adventures of a lifetime. Ziplining was invented here — so there’s no shortage of cloud forest thrills or wildlife encounters to be had.
Senda Monteverde Hotel
- Complimentary Admission to the Aguti Wildlife Reserve all year-round
- In-House Activities included. Paper-Making Class, 7 Wonders of Wander, & Back-of-House Sustainability Tour
- Our In-House Guide makes hiking kid-friendly
- Tour Planning Service — activities the easy way
- Small-sized Rubber Boots & Walking Sticks for young hikers
- Hot Cocoa & Marshmallows by the fire pit
- Board Games for afternoons in
- Cooking Classes for Young Chefs
- Wi-Fi Connected, but choose when the devices come out
Cloud Forest Adventures for All Ages
Best Advice for Families
We care about your family vacation. That’s why we put together our best advice for you!
- We welcome children of all ages. Ask us for a crib or extra bed — whatever you need to make your stay comfortable.
- Most families arrange a full itinerary with us — this means we pick you up at the airport, take you directly to the hotel, and help you get around once you’re here.
- Use our Tour Planning Service. Especially if you’d prefer to arrive with a loose itinerary or don’t enjoy planning. We’ll make it happen!
- Consider staying at least 3 nights in Monteverde. Especially if your trip includes a few places in Costa Rica. We find that families who stay 2 nights in Monteverde often feel rushed and wish they stayed longer.
- Consider the Senda Suite. Family of 4 or 5? This suite is designed for ample space and comfort with 2 bedrooms + 2 bathrooms.
- Would you love to visit the beaches too? With sister properties along the Pacific & Caribbean Coasts, we can help you get to popular places like Manuel Antonio and Puerto Viejo. Ask us for details.
Families Love Us
Why Choose Senda Monteverde Hotel?
Complimentary Admission to Aguti Wildlife Reserve
In-House Guide & Tour Planning Service
"Mini Explorers Menu" just for Kids
We'll Connect you to Pacific Coast Beaches & Plan Every Detail
Get Your Family Mini-Guide
This detailed, 20-page family mini-guide will tell you how to get closer to the extraordinary experiences – and special moments – that matter most on your family vacation.
- Get here easy with The Gang. Learn how to get here by Air & Ground, and how to Get Around if you don’t want to rent a car.
- Discover experiences you won’t find on TripAdvisor. Use our cheat-sheet of Must-See Costa Rica Experiences, Evening Activity Ideas that won’t cost a thing, and Local Secrets at our luxury hotels & lodges.
- Create your Food Strategy. Use our quick-view of family-friendly dishes, must-try drinks, and local snacks. We all know what it’s like to want more options than hamburgers, pizza and chicken fingers.
- Map out your route to see more of Central America. See how our luxury hotels can get you exploring the gorgeous Pacific Coast of Panama, Costa Rica & Nicaragua.