Your Family Vacation in Monteverde
In Monteverde, family vacations become adventures of a lifetime. Ziplining was invented here — so there’s no shortage of cloud forest thrills or wildlife encounters to be had.
Senda Monteverde Hotel for Families
- Unlimited pass to the Aguti Wildlife Reserve (April-November)
- Tour Planning Service — activities the easy way
- Small-sized Rubber Boots & Walking Sticks for young hikers
- Hot Cocoa & Marshmallows by the fire pit
- Board Games for afternoons in
- Our Lodge Hosts make hiking kid-friendly
- Cooking Classes for Young Chefs
- Wi-Fi Connected, but you choose when the devices come out
Cloud Forest Adventures for All Ages
Best Advice for Families
We care about your family vacation. We’ve put together a few pieces of our best advice for you.
- We welcome children of all ages. Ask us for a crib or extra bed — whatever you need to make your stay comfortable.
- Most families arrange a full itinerary with us — this means we pick you up at the airport, take you directly to the hotel, and help you get around once you’re here.
- Use our Tour Planning Service. Especially if you’d prefer to arrive with a loose itinerary or don’t enjoy planning. We’ll make it happen.
- Consider staying at least 3 nights in Monteverde. Especially if your trip includes a few places in Costa Rica. We find families who stay 2 nights in Monteverde often feel rushed and wish they stayed longer.
- Consider the Senda Suite. Family of 4 or 5? This suite is designed for ample space and comfort with 2 bedrooms + 2 bathrooms.
- Would you love to visit the beaches too? With sister properties along the Pacific Coast, we can help you get to popular places like Manuel Antonio, Nosara and Santa Teresa. Ask us for details.
Families Love Us
Why Choose Senda Monteverde Hotel
Unlimited Pass to the Aguti Wildlife Reserve (April-November)
Tour Planning Service Available
Kid-Friendly Meal Options
We'll Connect you to Pacific Coast Beaches & Plan Every Detail
Adventures to Remember
“Stayed at Senda with the kids for 3 nights and we all had a great time. The hotel organized us an adrenaline-filled itinerary – zip lining, hanging bridges, horseback riding, you name it! A week on and the kids are still talking about that zip line!”
— Marissa, UK